At MEE-FIT, your wellbeing is our priority. We’ve always prided ourselves on keeping the gym spotlessly clean, and we’ve never believed in packing people together on rows of equipment.
MEE-FIT IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
We closed our doors on Tuesday 17th March, 3 days before the governments forced closure of all gyms and fitness facilities. Based on the situation at the time it felt like the right thing to do for the safety of our staff and members, as well as the wider community.
WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO SUPPORT OUR MEMBERS THROUGH THE LOCKDOWN
Almost immediately after closing we switched our training to an online training platform. This has involved a variety of elements to support all members who have different needs;
- We moved our small group personal training and team training online, offering a very similar timetable of sessions coached live via Zoom
- We’ve provided each member with a training programme, as many preferred to train in their own time with the sessions we’ve provided them
- We’ve run a nutritional accountability group, to help members keep on track with their nutrition when working from home or when isolating
- We’ve organised guest speakers to come on and deliver talks specifically for our members, such as a mental health and anxiety talk from a PhD researcher
- We’ve run Friday night socials every week, which many members have said has been the highlight of their week! We’ve played bingo, catchphrase and run virtual pub quizzes, all of which have helped keep the community feel going strong
OUR PLAN FOR REOPENING
MEE-FIT is currently closed and will continue to be until we are given the green light from the government to reopen. However, plans are being made internally to ensure MEE-FIT is the safest and most hygienic place to workout when the time comes that we’re able to reopen.
We will continue to go above and beyond what is required to ensure the safety of our members. Here’s an insight into what we’ve been working on behind the scenes;
- Before the Covid-19 pandemic started we were in the process of moving to a larger facility. This has come at a great time, as we’ll now have far more space to allow for appropriate levels of social distancing
- Our model has been and always will be based around working with small numbers, so no huge changes are needed to our overall approach. However, we’ve been reviewing our training schedule to ensure no sharing of equipment and space will be needed
- We’ve been communicating with local cleaning specialists, especially those who are registered to decontaminate spaces specifically of Covid-19 to ensure prior to use our facility is safe
- We’ve been reviewing ongoing hygiene practices, exploring the options of how to best keep our facility clean and safe
- We’ve walked through a typical member journey into and out of the facility, looking at every step along the way. We’ve considered how we can reduce contact between people, equipment and fixtures and fittings throughout the entire facility.
- As members of The IFBA we’re communicating regularly with industry experts and fitness governing bodies to stay up to date on the latest developments and guidance.
- We’ve secured the use of an private outdoor training area, for if outdoor training is allowed before the use of our gym facility
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT MEE-FIT FOR WHEN WE REOPEN?